Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sightseeing again!

Wrote yesterday:

This time, together with Robin, we met with Marta. She came to KL around 1 week ago and will stay for 2 months. We saw the old railway station and wanted to visit the national mosque, but unfortunately it was closed for non-Muslim tourists. Isn’t it a discrimination? Have you seen, in any Christian church a sign ‘closed for non-Christian tourists’? It’s usually closed for tourists generally.

Pictures you can find here.

Tomorrow I am going to cook a Polish dinner. Tomato soup (pomidorówka), potato pancakes (placki ziemniaczane) and a salad with raw vegetables. The last one maybe not typical Polish, but with raw vegetables, which are here not eaten at all. They love to either cook or fry everything! The process of missing Polish food has already started.

Wrote today:
So I cooked the tomato soup (unfortunatelly the pot was too small and there were 8 of us, so not enough soup). The second dish included dumpling and salad, but dumplings (pierogi ruskie). Salad was ok (I miss raw vegetables!), but the dumplings.. well.. I think we even shouldn't call it dumplings :D Let's say that cooking dumplings is not my strenght :) Next time I will cook something better! I promise! :)

1 comment:

  1. I also tried to cook dumplings, and they came out something you cannot call dumplings at all ;P

    ReplyDelete